Why you should come:
- It's going to be awesome.
- Matthew Levering will be there. (Author of Holy People, Holy Land, and Sacrifice and Community, and many more. This is exciting because I have referenced him in essays!) But actually there will be a whole bunch of great international and local speakers, including Bishop Anthony Fisher, and some of our very own Notre Dame lecturers!
- It's at Notre Dame Sydney, the best Catholic University in Australia.
- The topics look awesome. (see the program above)
- It's just the kind of engagement with society that is the task of a Catholic University I've talked about before. Catholic Voices puts it thusly:
Tradition represents a unique opportunity to engage on Australian soil with what it means to be a member of the Roman Catholic Church, to consider how religious and secular traditions interact and to explore the notion of tradition generally. It is also a perfect opportunity to witness a Catholic University at its finest, discussing ideas of ongoing importance at the intersection of human communities and divine truths. A truly public event, this conference will be of benefit to anybody interested in the ongoing dialogue between the Church’s eternal teachings and the powerful influence of cultural norms.
- This song:
So get on it, and register, for the whole thing, a day, or even just for the debate (broadcast on national radio!)
For some more Tradition love, check out my friend Laura's cool compilation of quotes on Tradition.